Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My lunch today


Spicy chicken on a bed of raw salad, drizzled with balsamic and olive oil. 
(That is a cup of cinnamon tea, this helps with my arvo sugar cravings! and helps put warmth into my stomach)



Sundays is usually my food prep day. So I marinated a few kg's of chicken breast with a spice blend that I make up: chili flakes, ground ginger, ground garlic, ground cumin, ground garlic and salt. By doing this it saves me time preparing meals for myself, hubby and Beauty. 

I used my thermomix to cut up veges: Broccoli, carrots, beet root and parsley. I don't normally weigh my veges but it works out that I usually have 3 cups in total. So 2 cups of the raw mix and 1 cup of baby spinach. And with the dressing I use 1 tsp olive oil and 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar. 

There you go a clean, healthy lunch with a good amount of protein, carbs and fats!!

No comments:

Post a Comment